Tuesday, April 14, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Vicki Shows Enclosed Stenciling



Today I am showing another basic: how to have enclosed stenciling on your card. Here is the finished look:


To achieve this partial stenciling is really easy.

STEP 1
Tape down a self made template over your card panel and/or base. While I used a circle, this could be any shape!



STEP 2
Tape down the stencil [I used ARTploratioins Oh My Stars] over the template.



STEP 3
Sponge on the first color.



STEP 4
Partially sponge on the secnd color for added depth [not necessary].



STEP 5
Finish off with adding on your embellishments and image. I used the newly released STAMPlorations Bee's Knees Baby Bump.



This technique has such huge potential. Just let your imagination go wild ;)

See you in a couple of weeks~



Supplies Vicki used in today's project:

  BabyBump-preview


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for April. We'll pick TWO (2) commenters to each win a $10 gift certificate or their choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winners on May 1!

26 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOH! Love eveerthing about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning and thanks for the technique Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodo tutorial Vicki. Adding the second color really adds depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking card. Love this technique. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a star stencil somewhere - I think I need to find it! The colours are so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful technique and I think it's something I could even do! Love the results!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color composition is very attractive, love this fab technique, a pretty creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the striking bold colors and ample white space highlighting it .very nice technique of using mask with stencil.Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love your stencilling and thanks for showing about the mask - I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card! Love the colours with the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh love it Vicki. Great technique. I gotta try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea - I must remember that technique. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the result with the two color stencilling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so cute! What a fun way to use your stencils and make a darling card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea... looks a bit like a soccerball *lol
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness this is so cute and so easy!! I can see myself using this in my mixed-media projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute and trendy baby card Vicki. TFS your masking technique too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the directions Vicki - I love new techniques. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Vicki - love the vibrant colours and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply stunning! The masking technique looks so much fun! TFS Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like this technique! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this technique of enclosed stenciling - I am not super strong in the way of stencils but I am going to give this a try!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)